Even when life is busy, we still need to eat healthy to keep our bodies and minds nourished. Today I’m sharing the first post in a series of simple shortcuts to save you time when you’re in a rush to get dinner on the table.
Who loves butter? I’m not talking about the kind that comes in a spray bottle or those butter replacement spreads. Unless you have a dairy allergy or follow a vegan diet, eat real butter. And not just any butter. Butter from grass-fed cows that graze on the green pastures of small family farms. You can taste the difference — especially in Kerrygold brand, which is imported straight from Ireland.
Why pastured? Pastured dairy cows yield butterfat that’s loaded with vitamins A & D, iodine, and other essential nutrients. Butter is downright delicious, and it’s a good fat for heart, brain, hormone, and cell function. Everything in moderation though, right?
Today’s simple shortcut uses one of my favorite products: Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter. All of our local grocery stores (Market Basket, Shaws and Whole Foods) carry Kerrygold brand, but only Whole Foods stocks the Garlic & Herb Butter. I keep several sticks in the freezer. Yes, you can freeze butter!
You can certainly make your own herb butter, but today we are using a high quality product to save time. I love using this butter when I bake fresh fish. Honestly, it’s barely a recipe it’s so easy. Add ingredients based on how much time you have and what you have on hand. My monkeys love garlic so I always add a few shakes of Spicely Organic garlic powder. No need to peel or chop a clove tonight, friends. Keep it simple. You could add extra herbs to compliment the blend in the butter, which includes chives, parsley, salt, dill, pepper, and paprika.
Stay tuned for more Simple Shortcuts. Cómelo todo!
- Wild caught fish (flounder, cod, salmon)
- 1 teaspoon of quality olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter per fillet
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- Squeeze of fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a ceramic baking dish with olive oil (I use a reusable stainless steel Misto sprayer).
- Cut the fish into fillets.
- Add a thin slice of Kerrygold Garlic & Herb Butter, a sprinkle of salt, and a squeeze of fresh lemon to each fillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the center of the fish is no longer translucent.
- Using a pastry brush, spread butter and herbs evenly on the fish.
- Serve immediately with your choice of healthy side dishes for an easy dinner.
- Choose sustainable, wild caught fish from a local fish market.
- For the 4 of us, I purchase 1.3 pounds of fish and cut it into 4 filets.
- Add chopped tomatoes, zucchini, and/or onions if you have extra time. Make sure to increase the cooking time by 5 minutes.